Sunday, June 5, 2011

Couch to 5K

I've never been much of a runner. I always dreaded the day in P.E. where we had to run the mile. I often wonder how I survived the year of soccer I played in high scool. I see people running around town or running forever on the treadmill at the gym and I have always thought it was something I'd like to be able to do some day.

About a month ago a friend asked me if I would have any interest in running the Reggae Run in Cincinnati. Me? Run a 5k? Was she asking the right person?? As intimidating of 3.1 miles of running sounds I started doing research on how to improve running distance. In my research I came across a program that many were singing the praises of: The Couch to 5K Workout.

The 9 week program utilizes intervals to condition your body to be able to run and enjoy it. I've become somewhat obsessed with the program and I am currently on day 2 of week 3. I'm considering creating blog posts to share about my progress in the program. I get excited about the progress I've already made and want to share with people!

No comments:

Post a Comment