Thursday, July 14, 2011

THANKFUL THURSDAY

I'm failing miserably at Workout Wednesday not only as a standing blog feature, but actually doing the workout. I have a reason for skipping yesterday....I was at the Jelly Belly Warehouse!

So I bring you family time as my "Thankful Thursday". My Mom, Dad and brother along with my Uncle and his children loaded up for a daytrip to Pleasant Prairie, WI. I would have been in for a rude awakening had I not looked at the Jelly Belly website Tuesday evening. Little did I know we were going to the warehouse NOT the factory (the factory is in California).

After arriving and a brief wait in the lobby we were greeted with paper hats and directed through a corridor into the warehouse. We loaded up on the "train" and waited to learn what Jelly Belly has to offer. The tour consisted of different stops to watch a short video about everything from the history to how taffy is made (I didn't know they had taffy and candy corn...learn something new everyday).

The tour lasted about 30 minutes and let us off at the store to do some sampling and shopping. This was the part I was looking forward to. Samples are free with flavors ranging from your classic standbys to some special Harry Potter beans in flavors like grass, booger, earthworm, rotten eggs, vomit, sausage and soap to name a few. I tried booger and grass and lets just say I di d not fill up a bag with either of those flavors!

After perusing the store and filling up a bag to take home it was photo op time. Here is a picture of my cousin and I rocking our tour hats in front of a special VW Beattle...

What a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment