Wednesday, December 29, 2010

BESTeam Feature :: inkstrand

Anyone that has taken a look at my Etsy shop and blog will know that I am a lover of the aesthetic of vintage and nostalgic items. This week I bring to you a fellow BESTeam member who also has an eye for the same aesthetic to create vintage inspired jewelry and accessories. A young designer/crafter who went "east for college, south for design school and returned home up north" is behind inkstrand. Her fondness of history, sci-fi/fantasy movies, Victoriana/Steampunk, video games and retro fashion has been taken and made into what she describes as "nostaligic nerdiness" and infused into the works you see (and could be wearing).

Fresh Lavender Victorian Ornamental Adjustable Brass Ring - Chromata Ornamenta collection

This design is something I am consistantlly drawn too. The pairing of an antique ornimental design with a colorful lavendar pigment creates this beautiful and afordable ring.

Vintage Grandfather Clock Illustration brass pendant
My Great-Grandfather owned and operated an antique store from his house. I believe that is where at least one of the antique clocks came from that my parents have. Their collection has grown and I am always fascinated by the intricite decorations and pieces of each one. This pendant reminds me of these clocks.

Craft Revolution Zippered Pouch / Pencil Case - Cotton
Instantly my eye went to this pouch. the design on it is great! It is big enough to hold pens/pencils, paintbrushes, scissors, cash and keys, but is still small enough to slip into any bag.
These and several other great items can be found at inkstrand's Etsy shop {click here}
You can also find inkstrand on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/inkstrand
And don't forget to become a fan on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/inkstrand

No comments:

Post a Comment