Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Airborne Toxic Event
"Changing"
The discovery of this amazing band was a matter of being at the right show at the right time, I guess you could say. After going to Lollapalooza for the first time in 2007 and my boyfriend becoming a big fan of The Fratellis, I bought him tickets to see them at the House of Blues. There were a few opening bands and The Airborne Toxic Event just happened to be one of them. I remember us looking at each other during their set, smiling and nodding in shared agreement that this was definately a band we would have to be checking into.
We scooped up their c.d. and had repeated conversations exclaiming, "We're going to see them again if they come around this area again!" In 2009 they were in the Lollapalooza lineup which only solidified the fact that we would be in attendance. We plotted our plan of attack for the weekend; who we'd be seeing, the locations of each stage and the time slots of each band. Our excitement was brimming when we staked our claim on a front row spot to see the band performing before them and didn't budge from that spot til after we had seen The Airborne Toxic Event.
They exceeded my expectations. I couldn't stand still. I couldn't stop smiling. I felt compelled to sing along. If I wasn't hooked before, I was without a doubt now.
When I learned a new album was in the works I anxiously awaited details. The new album in which the single "Changing" will be on is hitting stores April 26th in the U.S. and April 25th in Europe. While I'm awaiting the release of "All At Once" I urge you to check this band out and their video for the song "Changing". Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment