Thursday, October 14, 2010

I skipped a few Thursdays (I'm sure everyone was extremely disappointed, lol). This Thursday I bring you a song worthy of listening to on repeat...and I have. "Kids" by MGMT has been stuck in my head, in a good way, for the past several weeks. This was a song I knew about and had filed it away. However, when I saw Weezer a few weeks ago they did a cover mash-up of "Kids" and Lady Gaga's "Poker Face". Sheer genius in my opinion.

Back to MGMT...described as a psychedlic pop band, they are an American band based in Brooklyn, New York. "Kids" was nominated for the 2010 Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance By a Duo or Group with Vocals. The music video, in my opinion, isn't something I would rush to go check out as it is quite different. The beginning opens with a Mark Twain quote set over flames and transitions into a small child in his crib. Then things turn weird and some alien/monster-like creatures appear and seemingly frighten the young child.

A fun little thing for all artists out there, if you head over to their website you can upload your art to be used to "Design" their website. The art can be used as the background of the page!

Hope this is a song you can ad to your colllection :)


No comments:

Post a Comment