Wednesday, April 6, 2011

BESTeam Feature :: Our Home To Yours

As I've grown up I've become closer to my Mom. Having gone away to college and now living just a short 20 minutes away from my family I've come to learn that all too often Mom really does know best. Be it my meltdown over my first attempt at cooking a chicken in my Crock Pot to the simple chats to catch up, I know I can always count on my Mom to be there. The thing I know I always find in my Mom is a shopping buddy! Sometimes I have to wonder if many are quite as psychotic about shoes as we are. Much like my mother and I, Debbi and Amanada share a passion that they have chosen to share with the world. They've combined their creative forces to bring the world Our Home To Yours.

Debbi grew up the youngest of 10 with a artistic spirit mother. Many summers were spent at art shows cultivating a desire for Debbi to one day participate in her favorite show the Allentown Art Festival in Buffalo, NY. Now located in North Carolina, with 10 children of her own spanning the eastern seaboard, Debbi offers her creativity to make up part of Our Home To Yours.


One of Debbi's daughters, Amanda, comprises the second half of Our Home To Yours. With a Masters in Graphic Design and a passion for yarn, Amanda has been crocheting like crazy. The 15 minute distance from Amanda and her mother most likely make this a very successful collaboration.


One-of-a-kind is the speciality of this duo. Seeing something more than once is a rarity becuase these two like to try new things and feel that if you wanted to blend in, you wouldn't be shopping handmade.



A Sample of Items

Hearts of Green Dangle Earrings


Handmade Crochet Brown and Yellow Fringe Scarf


One of a Kind Custom Painted Wedding Banner
For one-of-a-kind with the loving touch of a mother-daughter duo, head over to Our Home To Yours. Be sure to also check out their Blog, Twitter, and Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sooo much for this wonderful feature! And we both love shoes too! hahaha
    - ourhometoyours

    ReplyDelete