Thursday, September 16, 2010

I've decided to start something new on my blog. Every Thursday I intend to feature a different song. I love music...I love discovering new music...I love sharing music that people may not be familiar with so here is my little contribution. Who knows, maybe you'll find something you like, something will get you ready for the weekend or maybe you'll think I have the most awful taste ever ;)

This Thursday, in honor of the new release "Hurley", I am going way back in the Weezer archives to "The Blue Album". I'll never forget listening to Weezer's first album repeatedly on cassette. My Dad acquired the album from a friend practically before they were getting any sort of radio exposure. There is this shop in my hometown which sells used albums. Well the friend swiped this unheard of band's album from the shelves, discovering it had been brought there from a local radio station who received it as a demo, but it was not the genre they played.

And so my love for Weezer was born. Quite possibly my favorite song from the album is "My Name Is Jonas". I don't know if it's the opening guitar riffs or the way this song always makes me want to sway my head back and forth as if entranced by it, but I sure do love it. If you don't think you've heard the song, have you ever played a little game called Guitar Hero 3? This song is on it...ring a bell yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment